This article contains frequently asked questions about using the ACR Convergence 2022 meeting website.
Do I have to be registered for ACR Convergence 2022 in order to access its website?
Yes. Registration is required in order to access the meeting content. Registration closed on November 15, 2022.
Is internet access required?
Yes. Internet access is required to use the website.
How do I log in?
Will the website log me out due to inactivity?
When you log into the website, you will remain logged in for a few hours, unless you manually log out. If your internet browser's settings clear your cache after you close a browsing session, then you will have to log into the website every time you want to access it.
Can I log into the website from different devices?
How do I watch sessions on demand?
To access on demand content:
- Log into the meeting website
- Go to the session: In the main navigation menu, click Program, then click Agenda by Day or Posters
- Click on a specific day, locate a session, and click on a session
- View on-demand session content using the embedded video player.
Where can I find session materials (handouts, slides, etc.)?
Follow these steps to access session materials:
- Go to the desired session page: In the main navigation menu, click Program, click Agenda by Day, then click the date
- Click on the desired session
- Go to the Resources section on the righthand side of the page
- Download desired files
Note: While most speakers upload files for participants, it is not required.
Can I download session recordings?
No. Session recordings are not available for download
When do on demand sessions expire?
On-demand access to ACR Convergence 2022 sessions expires on October 31, 2023.
Can I watch multiple sessions simultaneously?
While it is not recommended, you can watch sessions simultaneously by opening additional browser windows.