This article outlines information for the ACR Convergence 2023 program faculty. All information in this article can also be found through the faculty portal.
PowerPoint Slide Guidelines
Please format your PowerPoint slides as follows:
- Slide #1: Talk title, your name, and institution
- Slide #2: Disclosure Slide: Your disclosure statement should list all financial relationships with ineligible companies within the prior 24 months to your specific talk. This information will also appear in the presentation distributed to participants and should therefore be identical to the detail provided on the disclosure form. Disclosure should never include the use of a trade name or product-group message. The ACR is not responsible for discrepancies between attestation for and onsite disclosure. If no financial relationships exist, the second slide must read: "I have no relevant financial relationship(s) with ineligible companies to disclose."
- Slide #3: Evidence-Based Medicine (EBM) or Key References: List three references supporting the key points of your talk. This is separate from any footnotes or bibliography you may include. This is not required for abstracts.
- End Slide: Resources and Handout Links (Optional): ACR encourages you to include links to any helpful resources or handouts related to your presentation. This slide is NOT required.
Do not include product/brand names and logos in your presentation. However, institution logos (i.e., non PhRMA logos such school names, associations, and government agencies) are allowed in the presentation. If it is necessary to reference a commonly used brand name or product, reference the scientific or generic name next to it.
- Example: Acetaminophen (Tylenol)
Do not include any for-profit and/or ineligible company logos. As part of the disclosure slide, it is acceptable to put the name of a for-profit and or ineligible company as text. You can include the following logos: hospital, school, association, non-profit, government agency, journal.
The speaker is responsible for ensuring that copyright laws have not been violated in the materials submitted for duplication and/or presentation. The ACR does not assume the responsibility of acquiring permissions.
- ACR has provided an optional PowerPoint template that you can use. This template is not required.
- Slides should remain in the template’s widescreen, 16:9 format.
- Fonts should be readable without magnification (no smaller than 18 point and preferably 24 point, as configured in the template)
- Keep it simple:
- Avoid using too much text. Express ideas in as few words as possible.
- Convey only one main idea per slide.
- Use several simple slides, instead of one complex slide, to convey points.
- Use white space for extra impact.
- Use bold, italics, underline, and bullets for emphasis.
- Avoid all capital letters, which can be difficult to read.
- Avoid long columns, figures, or tables that are illegible on a small screen.
- Use the color scheme and fonts included in the template.
- Make sure the slide orientation is landscape (NOT portrait).
- Minimize the use of builds, animated transitions, or videos. These will not have the same impact in a livestream presentation and can appear blocky and distorted.
Typically the number of slides should not exceed the total number of allotted minutes to speak (not including a title slide and acknowledgements).
Virtual Speakers: Pre-Recording Sessions
Faculty with a Virtual Speaker role will be asked to pre-record a session and are required to submit their presentation for review before the meeting starts. (The Global Summit is a fully virtual course.)
The deadline to submit slides in the Virtual Presentation Review Upload task is Monday, October 2, 2023.
Onsite Speaker Ready Room
All other speaker slides are due a minimum of three (3) hours prior to your session start time. Please bring your slides to the Speaker Ready Room - Upper Level, Room 2 on a flash drive. Handouts will be created by converting your final slide presentation (as submitted on-site in the Speaker Ready Room) into a PDF. Handout PDFs will be accessible online only in the ACR Convergence 2023 meeting website and app.
Speaker Ready Room Hours (in PST)
- Friday, November 10: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Saturday, November 11: 6:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Sunday, November 12: 6:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Monday, November 13: 6:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, November 14: 6:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Wednesday, November 15: 6:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Faculty Slide Preparation Resources